6 Tips to Improve Data Quality, Standardize
and Validate in Your Salesforce Org
Data is the cornerstone of building your business. It drives sales and marketing and guides product development. It can help you predict what may be in store for your business and your customers next week, next quarter, or next year. Without it, it’s nearly impossible to grow — or even maintain the status quo.
The problem is, turning all that data into something usable isn’t always easy. Most companies have datasets that are fragmented, duplicative, and, quite frankly, a mess.
You have Salesforce, so you know the potential to make better use of your data is there... but you’re not quite sure where to begin.
We get that. And we can help! Here are six easy tips to put your data to work for your business.
How to Clean Up Your Salesforce Data in 6 Steps
- Establish a Data Management Team
- Use Reports and Dashboards to Identify the Problems
- Create Duplicate-Catching Rules
- Develop a Data-Hygiene Schedule and Maintenance Plan
- Control Data Capture and Input
- Put Your Data to Use - Using your data regularly helps keep it clean!